You may laugh but I have been using my headphones since 1997. Anyone
familiar with Sheldon Cooper in the Big-Bang and his ' spot ' on the
sofa will appreciate the significance of having something just right.
I have tried so many headphones but none have ever provided the right
sound. So odd but without these headphones I really cannot enjoy
listening to anything. They are light, and give a balanced sound
across the whole spectrum. Too many headphones are too tight on the
head, clasp the ears and prevent me hearing other noises going on
around me. Are way too bass oriented or just are crappy. Some have
little annoyances like the headphone lead being too short or too long.
But these headphones are just perfect. So I was gutted when after
just twenty years the wire at the 'v' junction snapped off. I mean
what are they like... seriously, almost brand new. Anyway I have a
new pair and the quality is almost the same and they need breaking
in like a pair of shoes. But they will do.
Sad day but hey, nothing lasts for ever.
Not my words.. I would have just said they were good headphones
- Studio Monitor Series Headphones incorporate high-end materials and
advanced engineering; critically clean, exceptionally clear sound for
professional and high fidelity applications.
- Reversible earcups enable single-sided monitoring flexibility.
- 30 mm diameter drive units are larger than many headphones for deeper
bass, lower distortion and wider dynamic range; bass response extends
down to a low 18 Hz.
- 500 mW power handling stands up to day-in, day-out use at high output
- Ferrite magnets for high energy and compact size; help produce ample
sound output -- 98 dB/mW sensitivity.
- Oxygen-free copper cord for maximum conductivity, minimum noise; conducts
electricity better than conventional copper.
- Supra-aural design rests lightly on the ear; creates a controlled
environment for better sound; driver is positioned the correct distance
from the ear canal.
- Wide, molded headband distributes the headphone's weight over a wide
area; reduced pressure means comfortable listening for hours on end.
- Sony UniMatch plug system with fixed stereo miniplug for use with
portable equipment; detachable phone plug for use with studio and home
- Reversible earcups for easy single-sided DJ monitoring
- 30 mm driver unit for high-quality sound
- Stereo unimatch plug for use with various audio equipment
Dynamic Type: YES
Closed Type: YES
Capacity (W): 0.5
Driver unit (mm): 30.0
Frequency (Hz): 16 - 22,000
Sensitivity (dB/mW): 98.0
Impedance (Ohm): 24.0
Volume control: NO
Reversible earcups: YES
Cord type: OFC double-sided
Cord length (m): 2.0
Plug: Straight unimatch plug
Weight (g): 120.0